Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pizza Party

Mario's Pizza birthday extravaganza! Norah requested it and she got it-- Tinkerbell pizza party with her friends. We ALL had so much fun. Once again, Norah was right! Here's (a sampling of) the crew:



Kata and her love affair with our friend Christine. Whenever Christine is around, Kata wants to be held by her.



Pizza time! Frankly, I didn't think they'd actually stop playing long enough to eat.



But I was wrong. The pizza was a hit.



Friends! Happiness!



I found Kata running through the playspace with a fistfull of chocolate almonds. I asked her to sit down while she ate. This is the pose she gave me.



Tinkerbell party favors!



Pin on your wings!



Norah shared her party with our friend Penny, who was turning three. Here they are at the big moment! Norah is waving to her adoring dad.



Blow!



Cutting the cake (or "sticking" the cake, as the Guyanese say)



Part of the local tradition of "sticking the cake" is feeding the birthday girl. This is what it looks like when there are two birthday girls!



Four Happy Henrys.



All told, there was ONE bit lip and TWO knocked-out teeth (separate incidents) resulting in ONE emergency room visit. Our kids were too busy eating to be involved in either incident. All's well that ends well, it was quite a party!

No comments: